Thursday, June 17, 2010

I need song ideas for a rock party band I started?

I recently started a rock party band. We are focusing on 80's and 90's rock party club dance tunes. I emphasize ROCK club tunes. You know... rock songs you would get up and dance to. No Rap, R%26amp;B or disco, etc... No hair metal. Just good rock songs from the 80's, 90's, to now that if you were at a night club listening to a live band you would get up and dance to. Thanks for all your help in advance.



I need song ideas for a rock party band I started?

Once Bitten Twice Shy - Slaughter



Give it Away - Red Hot Chili Peppers



Hard to Handle - Black Crowes



Sabotage - Beastie Boys



Song 2 - Blur



Two Princes - Spin Doctors



One Week - Barenaked Ladies



The Distance - Cake



Fly - Sugar Ray



Groove is in the Heart - Dee Lite



Unbelievable - EMF



I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) The Proclaimers



Mowtown Philly - Boyz II Men



Jump Around - House of Pain



That's off the top of my head but to be completely honest with you...I would try to take a few rap songs, a few disco songs, etc...and "rockify" them.



When I'm out at a bar and there is live music and they take something that is normally all rap and bass and they mix it into their act, the crowd goes insane.



Its something some bands become known for...who wouldn't want to hear some reverse songs.



Go on youtube and type in Jonathan Coulton. He did a slow version of "Big Butts" by Sir Mixalot and its great. Also type in "Straight Up (Acoustic)"



Experiment and you'll have the crowd eating out your hand. A really cool mix or montage of music would be a nice addition. I want to strangle karaoke singers but I was out one night and this guy raps some Emeniem but during the chorus he would rap classic rap songs and everyone went nuts.



Good luck.



I need song ideas for a rock party band I started?

No hair metal? Well those are the songs you CAN dance to and everybody knows. You can hardly dance to Pantera now can you???



Well my vote would be 'Crazy Crazy Nights' by Kiss as everyone knows it and would be a dancefloor filler fo' sho'. But then you don't want hair metal so...



I need song ideas for a rock party band I started?

Rock songs that make you dance? From the 80's and 90's? Is there such a thing? I mean the 80's and 90's mainly focuses on metal and alternative rock, and unless headbanging is dancing, I don't think there is any danceable rock music. Just play some good stuff. People will dance to good stuff at clubs even if the music isn't danceable. What I'd recommend depends on what genre your band mainly plays.



EDIT:



Okay, I think what you're looking for are funk-rock and pop-rock bands. Don't know many pop-rock bands, but for funk-rock, there's Red Hot Chili Peppers, Faith No More, Fishbone, Prince (not really rock though), Living Colour, Primus, Jane's Addiction, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++