Sunday, June 20, 2010

Why am I the "emo" one?

Kids at school call me emo for some reason. I don't really understand why. I mostly dress the same as everyone else, maybe I wear a bit more black than most. Sure, I like Converse, but so does everyone else. I dyed my hair maroon, and everyone started calling me names. The sluttiest girls in school all dye their hair black and no one cares. They've started wearing studded belts and listening to "emo" bands like Fall Out Boy and P!atD, and no one makes fun of them. Why do I get picked on?



Why am I the "emo" one?

Kids are just plain nasty to each other. They're like pack animals... anyone who isn't part of the "in" crowd gets targeted for torment. They call you emo because most of them don't have a single clue of what "emo" actually is.



(and hey, I think maroon is tres chic... shows you don't follow the others who don't have the guts to step outside the lines)



Personally, I'd just do my best to ignore the ingrates and walk to the beat of my own personal drummer.



Why am I the "emo" one?

Well, you're wearing more black than most..



Why am I the "emo" one?

you are probbably more emotional idk =/



Why am I the "emo" one?

maybe its because nobody picks on the slutty girls. don't worry about labels, most people i know who are called 'emo' really aren't at all.



Why am I the "emo" one?

The same thing happens to my sister. She dyed her hair black, and started listening to My Chemical Romance and wearing converse + everyone shoved her into that category. If they're going to be little bitches, just ignore it. They're obviously jealous :D Otherwise there just stupid, love.



Why am I the "emo" one?

Sorry but reading this question just makes me SO glad I graduated high school 4 years ago lol.



Why am I the "emo" one?

they want a reaction.... it happens.... i know its hard but just ignore people or mke fun of them...



Why am I the "emo" one?

Because there jealous. Don't listen to the labels. Be yourself, and screw what everyone else thinks.



Why am I the "emo" one?

personality? maybe they think youre easier to pick on. dont let them bring you down even if its not true.



Why am I the "emo" one?

cause you stand out more



trust me i make fun of all the



peoeple that stand out more



Why am I the "emo" one?

Panic at the Disco is definitely not emo, neither is Fall Out Boy.



Wear some skirts.



Why am I the "emo" one?

Because they are jealous. You have your own style so go with that! Don't let them getcha down!



Why am I the "emo" one?

dont be shy or sad. keep a smile and be spontanious, not to a point where you're obnoxious though



Why am I the "emo" one?

What is "emo" anyway ?



Why am I the "emo" one?

Getting picked on makes you stronger. It means you know what it's like so you won't do it to anyone else



Why am I the "emo" one?

there must be a reason.



i think the maroon hair did it for you.



black is fine but maroon is kinda weird.



Why am I the "emo" one?

Kids at school are just stupid, and everyone falls into stereotypes. Don't worry about that. Wearing black and Converse and having maroon hair is not how emo people look, so your classmates are dumb. Fall Out Boy and P!atD are punk, not emo, for sure.



Why am I the "emo" one?

Everyone gets picked on. Even though you think your picked on the most, your really not. Everyone thinks that. You feel your getting picked on more than everyone else because only you know how much your getting picked on. No one else knows just how you don't know how much your friends get picked on.



A couple years ago I thought everyone hated me. I realized that I still had friends and nothing was really wrong with my social life. It was all in my head, as it is in your head as well.



Why am I the "emo" one?

i dress in black and stuff im not emo but some people are just like that and calls some people name so i know what its like, i found its best to ignore then and just stick with my best friends



Why am I the "emo" one?

fall out boy and panic! at the disco are not emo..



and they both arent very good



Why am I the "emo" one?

You must be an easy target. If you don't like it, you need to change the way you look so that people stop calling you emo. Wear some color in your clothes, get a natural hair color and try to be more friendly. People only treat you the way you act....So, change the way you act and people will change the way they treat you!



Why am I the "emo" one?

Grow a thicker skin. When they realize their insults fall on deaf ears, they will stop.



Or, just get meaner than them.



And don't be so emotional. That's probably why they're calling you emo.



They can smell weakness a mile away.



Why am I the "emo" one?

Don't Listen To Them...



Sometimes There Are So Many Rumors About What Emo Means...



Its Just Stupid...



U Are What U Think U Are Not What Others THink...



If THey Pick On U Thats A Confession That They Truley Don't Know Who They Are



I've Had The Same...



Calvin Couture閳?br>Why am I the "emo" one?



there could be a lot of reasons. one is that maybe that's what they'd like to wear but are afraid. therefore better to try and make fun of it they jump in. the prefer to label it. give them some time and they'll be copying what you do. people are weird! don't worry about it! = )



Why am I the "emo" one?

just to pick on someone maybe because you might be quiet, and i like that you dyed you hair maroon if i had to dye my hair it would be a dark purple :)



Why am I the "emo" one?

Been there, done that. Maybe not like the "emo thing" but with other things like not being able to afford the abercrombie clothes and stuff like that. People are just bored with their own lives and can't think of anything better to do. You know your not emo so just remember that. As long as you know that you have a good group of friends then your all good. As for the unforutunately "slutty" girls. They could die their hair rainbow, and it would be "in" that's just how people are. Don't pay attention to labels, because your not Cambell's Soup. (he he a little humor). Just have confidence in yourself and make sure you have the supportive friends. Don't try to be like the other girls. Plus it seems like their copying your style with the hair thing. I hope I helped. =]



Why am I the "emo" one?

Same Thing Happened To My Friend



Dun Listen To the or be lyk "don't make me use my Blade On You"



Why am I the "emo" one?

maroon hair????? wow



uhm blacks a natural color so its totally different



but maroon?!?!?!



wow



you really have to ask this question when you have maroon hair?!?!?!?!



Why am I the "emo" one?

Don't sweat it. More often than not if you are slightly different from anyone else that is popular you become a target in high school. Biggest question to ask yourself:



"Am I Emo"?



-- If you are, then go with it. Good for you... there's a lot of good stuff going on in "Emo-land". Just don't take yourself too seriously. Have fun with it.



-- If you are not, then... don't sweat it. Do you like YOU? You should. You're expressing yourself your way instead of being some "drone". Why is that bad? It's not... in fact, Good for you for being yourself. Don't try to be anything else.



School is a tough time. I've got three kids and have watched 2 go through middle and high school with one more to go. It's nuts what kids do to each other today.



Remember this... if you're being targeted by people, it's because you are probably a very special person. Unfortunately that can also be misunderstood when you're in school or make people uncomfortable or jealous.



Bottom line... be happy for who YOU are, not who you are not. Don't be something you don't want to be to try and conform or please somebody else. Celebrate yourself even when no one else does. And most importantly... don't take yourself so seriously.



I wish you the best. Don't sweat labels. Just like last year's fashion, this too will change :)



Hope this helps.



Why am I the "emo" one?

Your school is probably in a neighborhood where people who dye their hair colors other thatn blonde and black are not normal, neither are people who wear the most black.



It might be the way you wear yor clothes, or the shade you dyed your hair, it might be that you dont really smile a lot so people notice that, maybe when people wear shirts you wear sweaters with sleeves, it can be a vast variety of things but that doesnt people you should give a living crap about what they think.



if you dont wanna be called emo, you know youre not emo, then youre not emo, you dont have to prove anything to anyone, be yourself, keep dressing the way you do, dont change anything, act yourself, maybe youll start a fashion statement in your school too :)



There isnt anything wrong with being emo, but if it bothers you, i guess you see something in it... Being called emo is not peoples way of picking on you its just a really retarded thing from their side, it shows how shallow they are and in addition to that theyre probably racist too.



So yeah, I suggest you stay yourself :)



Why am I the "emo" one?

"Emo" has become such a blanket term now that I wouldn't even worry about it if I were you. High School kids who accuse everything of being emo are probably the ones who are the most emo behind closed doors. The entire concept of "emo" has become so satirised to the point where people use the word in a facetious context quite often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++